Presser has concluded – highlights can be found below. Please excuse my punctuation.
- $62 million was granted by NFL to Browns for improvements.
- “Football is an outdoor game played on grass” – Joe Banner. No plans for dome/roof over stadium
- The field will remain grass, no turf.
- New scoreboards will be 3 times larger than current one
- New audio system will be installed and will be “dramatically different” according to Joe Banner
- Adding escalators to make entrance/exit easier, especially to upper deck areas.
- Seating will drop from 71,000 to 68,000, more seats in lower bowl. No impact to club seating.
- Plans for paying for the improvements: meeting with Mayor of Cleveland tomorrow, Joe Banner declines to answer on if they will ask the city to pay for all or part of renovations.
- “The team will make a significant investment” – Joe Banner
- More talk on “the experience for fans & players”
Browns are expected to announce renovations to First Energy Stadium today – they have $120 million in changes which includes a new scoreboard & audio equipment as well as physical changes to the stadium.
See all the updates at firstenergystadiumproject.com